All the world knows that WordPress is one of the best blogging platform ever, now due to it its Hacking is becoming common now a days. In a recent post, Matt Mullenweg posted about the recent attack on WordPress sites. This is a botnet attack, and is performing brute force attack using default WordPress login (admin). A large botnet with more than 90k servers is attempting to log in by cycling through several passwords and usernames. So lets learn more on it below-
What is Botnet Attack?
How to Prevent WordPress from brute force attack?
1. Install Limit login attempt plugin, hence it blocks individual I.P., in this botnet attack, hackers are running the attack using 90,000+ I.P.
2. Use .htaccess to protect your admin pages and rename the login pages.
3. Change your WordPress default username also
4. Enable two-step authentication and
5. Always use a complex password etc.
That’s it! Also don’t forgot to make a backup of your blog for some extra security. Peace!
Join me on Google+
Respected Readers :-